Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back to School

I am a college student and this semester I have a 1 hour break from noon to one and on another day of school I have a THREE hour break from three to six! So obviously, being at school all day I'm going to get hungry. I've perused the internet to find some delicious Adult Sack Lunches for myself and thought, most people have to buy or take a lunch for work as well so why not share!? Here's what I've found.

These bacon and cheese muffins look AWESOME and they'd be easy to make and take for several days as breakfast on the way, snacks in between or I could eat a whole bunch for lunch!


In elementary school, they used to have Walking Tacos which were pretty much the coolest thing since sliced bread. I actually had these again at my Grandma's art show a few years, they called them taco-in-a-bag. Diana Rambles just calls it Frito Taco Salad but it is DELICIOUS! For a great lunch version, especially if you're eating on the go, pack half a bag of fritos in your lunch with all the ingredients on the side. When you're ready to eat, dump the ingredients in the bag and enjoy!


When I was a kid, I used to LOVE lunchables! Mom would let me pick one or two every week so I could take them to school with me (of course, this was back when they still came with sodas, woohoo!). Kids Meal Crowd came up with a brilliant way to do homemade lunchables that are even seperated out like the real thing! This would be great for kids and adults alike and I could pack a soda in the lunchbox with it so I can go back to the good ole days! lol


I'm thinking of adding some chicken salad, pasta salad, gourmet sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches, leftovers, bags of cereal and bagels (my school has a toaster and FREE butter) to this list and I should be a  pretty happy girl!

Over at I'm Frugal, they've composed a nice long list of sack lunch ideas, in case you still need some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment